Sunday, September 27, 2009
Just a reminder about the Christmas Stocking Challenge. I have given you all a few extra days. It is now to be handed in by November 15th.
The Stocking can be made by any method , any medium, be creative. It must have been made within the last year. As in the Tea cosy challenge that we did in the spring I will use the Stockings as my Christmas window display and have customers vote for their favourite one and there will be prizes for the 3 with the most votes. So get busy and make a Stocking, I know you can do it!!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Beginner Rug Hooking Class will take place starting on October 17th from 10-12 , it will be on four Saturday mornings, Oct 17, Oct24th, Oct 31 and Nov. 14. If you are interested give me a call or e-mail me as it always fills up fast. This is a photo of what you will be making. As usual Gayle Gundy as come up with a great design.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Here are the details for The Sock of the Month Club.
Happy knitting Lynn
- The cost is $20.00 & Gst + Pst. each month.
- This will include a pattern and yarn to make a pair of socks.
- We will meet the first Thursday of each month starting in October which happens to be the first of October, from 7 till about 8:30 or 9 pm. at the store.
- For people that can't attend or are not interested in attending but would still like to receive a kit. I will mail them out a couple of days before that or they can come and pick up their kit on the first Thursday of the month or anytime after that.
- If you are having it mailed there will also be a mailing cost which is about $6.00 depending on your location.
- The first few kits will be very basic socks to get us going and then we will start with a few different methods and different stitch patterns. Each month will be a different yarn. Some I have been carrying in the store now and some will be new ones I have never had before. This is a great way to try out different yarns and patterns. Most months I will pick the colourway but sometimes there will be a choice of colours in the same type of yarn. If there is a colour you really really don't like let me know and I will try to avoid it for you. I am open to suggestions of yarns, patterns and sock knitting methods you are interested in trying. This will continue on for as long as there is interest. You can join or leave at anytime. Please give me two weeks notice before the next month if you will no longer be involved . For anyone that is not sure if they want to be involved I will have some kits for sale at the store once the people signed up have received theirs.There will only be a limited number of them depending on how many people are signed up that month.
Please e-mail or call me to sign up or if you have any questions
Happy knitting Lynn