Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Up Coming Knit along

Hi Everyone

We have just decided today to do a knit along for a little summer top called Maderia here is the link to it.  http://www.berroco.com/patterns/maderia

And here is the link to the page with the yarn colours. http://www.berroco.com/yarns/berroco-linus

I do have a sample knit up here at the store if you want to see it in person.

So pick your colour and let me know by Wed. June 10th  as I will be sending in a order for the colours everyone wants.

I am hoping if I get my order soon enough we could start on Wednesday June 24th.  This will be in the afternoons from 1 til 3 pm.

Like always  this is a knit along and there is no charge but I do expect you to buy the yarn from me. 


On Canada Day again this year we will be celebrating World Wide Knit in Public day, (I know we are a bit late, it is really June 13th  ) but it works for me as the street is closed for Canada Day and last year we had lots of interest in what we were doing.  Some of you might remember that last year we knit bunting before the event and had it hung up.  Pictures of last years event can be seen here on my blog:  http://thepurplesock.blogspot.ca/2014/07/canada-day-celebration.html. I still have the bunting and will rehang it again this year but have been thinking we could do something else as well – Yarn bombing!

I have ideas for 2 objects: I have an old spinning wheel that I thought we could “yarn bomb” and also we could bomb a tree on the main street.  I need help getting the knitting and crocheting done: for the wheel I will bring it in to the store, if you want to knit a piece pick a part of the wheel and then make something to cover the area you have chosen. For the tree you can knit or crochet strips to be sewn together later, email me for dimensions.  I am certainly open to suggestions of objects to yarn bomb, so lets hear what you think!!  

See you soon and happy knitting...
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment