Tuesday, May 2, 2017

10 Year Anniversary



I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS

 BEEN


10 YEARS!!




Hello everyone!
 
  Well, I know that we all wonder where the years go, but I am really, really wondering where TEN YEARS has gone?! Because The Purple Sock is turning TEN!!


  When I look back from those early days in my tiny little shop, and fast forward to now, I see so many changes, so many exciting happenings...from offering classes, to giving workshops with other teachers, to adding more space, starting a website, and creating our very own Fibre Arts Retreat!! I have tried to focus on local and Canadian yarns and fibres and that has introduced me to some amazing indie dyers right here in our own back yard!!

  Our fledgling "Sip & Stitch" meetings have grown from one day to three, including the spinners on Friday mornings...and we have done a lot of charity knitting, have yarn bombed the main street of Coldwater for Canada Day, and celebrated "World Wide Knit in Public Day"  out front of the shop under an awning. We have donated yarn and needles to local schools to get new young knitters started, and been a popular destination on the local Yarn Crawl.... so, all in all...it has been a busy ten years!!
 
  So, to THANK YOU, my dear customers and friends...I am inviting you to the shop on Saturday, May 6th from 10am to 5pm  to share this special day with me! There will be TEN PERCENT OFF STOREWIDE!..plus cake, and tea and door prizes and other surprises!! 


  Without all of you, this day would never have happened, so please come celebrate with me!!
 
Hope to see you all then!
 
Happy Knitting,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment