Monday, January 7, 2019

Some good winter weather knitting!! 

Hi Everyone!

Now that Christmas is behind us and we are into a New Year, I am offering some great knit alongs to keep us all going through the long winter months. Hope you will find something of interest to you!!

As in the past these are knit- alongs, not classes, so I will be knitting along with you and we will help each other along the way. There is no charge to join, but I do ask that you buy the yarns from me. Please let me know by email if you wish to join any of them.

Speaking of long winter months, I have decided to shorten my hours slightly for the next 2 months. I will no longer be open til 5:00 Pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I will be closing at 4:30 Pm to allow me to drive home in the daylight. The Friday hours and Sunday hours will remain the same. I will let you know when I switch back to my other hours. If you really can't get in before that time we can always arrange for me to stay a bit later if I know you are coming .

Thanks and Happy Knitting

Lynn


Estelle DK weight shawl:    Starting  Wednesday January 9th.  1:30 to 3:30 Pm    this will run for 3  weeks. 

There are 3 free shawl patterns offered on the Estelle yarns website and they are all done in 3 colours of a DK weight yarn. I have a lovely Alpaca Merino yarn that could be used or a wool/acrylic yarn that would work also. So you can pick your shawl and also your colours. One is listed as easy, one is advanced beginner and the third is intermediate. Having looked at the patterns I don't think any of them are too difficult. And the colour choices are endless. Here is a link to the patterns for you look at they are all on the top row of the page Colour banded shawl, Correct shawl and Harbour shawl.

http://www.estelleyarns.com/estelle-patterns.php

Lets make a tea cozy!!     Thursday January 10th  1:30 to 3:30 Pm   This will be only for 2 weeks as this is a quick and easy project. 

Again this is a free pattern from Estelle. see the above link they are on the third row down. You could make any of them. The Brewed in Brioche is for advanced knitters and I would only suggest doing it if you have done some brioche knitting already . The Cosy cables tea cozy is considered intermediate and fits a small 2 cup teapot. and the Seeded columns tea cosy is
 a beginner project and is for a 6 cup pot. So again pick you pattern and your yarn colour and join us for this quick and fun project.



Color Me Warm Mittens   Thursday January 24th 1:30 to 3:30 Pm. This will be for  3 weeks. 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/color-me-warm-mittens

What can I say?? They look like so much fun! In order to do this knit along you should be able to knit on double pointed needles or be familiar with doing magic loop. This is not a beginner mitten class.
They are done in a worsted weight yarn. so if you have some odds and ends of different colours this is a great time to use them up. If we have enough interest I can also maybe divide up a few balls of different colours for you to share. She uses anywhere from 6 to 10 colours in a pair of mittens. Of course you can always do them with less if you like. I can't wait to see everyone's colour and pattern combos, and who doesn't need a pair of warm and cozy mittens at this time of year!!

Marled Mania Cardigan     Wednesday January 30th. 1:30 to 3:30 Pm  for as many weeks as we need to get most of us finished. 

This project is going to be a lot of fun and really interesting , it is a great way to use up all those part skeins of sock yarn you might have hanging around. it is a great stash buster!!  I am sure you all have some!! It can be made as long or as short as you like, don't be overwhelmed by his very interesting pictures!! Take a look at some of the projects of people that already did it to get a better idea of what it can look like. You use 2 strands of fingering weight yarn held together through out , changing as you like or as your colours run out. He did also use a mohair , silk blend in with the collar area and the cufts.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/marled-mania-cardigan

50 x 50 Poncho        Thursday February 14th  1:30 Pm to 3:30 Pm. for about 3 or 4 weeks.

This is a great simple project and will be done in time for the spring!!
Can be made out of a multi coloured acrylic yarn for ease of washing or a solid colour blend of wool and acrylic which can also be machine washed.  , A great in between weather piece. The pattern says it is as easy as counting to 50!! So if you can knit and purl and cast on and off and count to 50 LOL I am sure you can do this poncho!! 


https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/50-x-50-poncho-075

No comments:

Post a Comment