Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2 New Knit alongs coming up!!


Hi Everyone

We had so much fun at the last two knit-alongs that I already have two more planned.
Also just a reminder that we will be meeting this Wed. March 26th to work on Izzy dolls and the last date to hand in  Izzy dolls to the store is April 3rd.
Thanks to everyone that has knit and handed in dolls. 
 
Sheep Carrousel Tea Cozy 
The first one will start on Thursday April 17th.  1 pm til 3 pm. and continue for as many weeks as it takes us to finish .
This is a Stranded project, using Jamison's Shetland Spindrift.  This is not a beginner stranded (fairisle ) colour work project, if you have worked with more than one colour before you are welcome to join us, you do need to have had a least a small amount of stranded work experience.
This is what Kate Davies says about the pattern  “
Sheep Carousel
This jolly tea cosy features a carousel of Shetland sheep and offers a small sampler of many of my favourite hand-knitting techniques: stranded colourwork, steeks, vikkel braids, corrugated ribbing, i-cord and centred double decreases. “
So lots to learn as well as more stranded practice. Please note this is a knit along and we  will be learning together, there is no fee to attend but I do ask that you buy your wool and pattern through me.
The pattern is a PDF download from Ravelry, so if you will be joining us for this let me know and I will purchase a copy of the pattern on your behalf which will go into your Ravelry library. No worries if you don’t use Ravelry you will also receive an email with a link to the PDF so you can download and print it.     Space is limited so please let me know if you would like to join us on this one.
 
Hue and Value Shawl
 
The second one  will start on Wednesday April 23rd. 1 till 3 pm. and continue for as many weeks as it takes us to finish the shawl. 
This is a lovely shawl called Hue and Value that is designed by a girl from Waterloo Ontario. We will be using 2 colours of sock weight  yarn to knit this.
As long as you can cast on, cast off, and do a knit and purl stitch you would  be fine to try this. We will be using different stitch combo’s and seeing how the two colours of yarn interact with each other. I will have lots of different colours of yarn for you to choose from.  Please let me know if you will be joining me on this and I will buy the pattern for you.  Please note this is a knit along not a class, we will all be knitting this together and helping each other out. Since there is no fee for it I do ask that you buy your yarns  and pattern through me.
Like always space is limited so act fast!! The pattern is a PDF download from Ravelry, so if you will be joining us for this let me know and I will purchase a copy of the pattern on your behalf which will go into your Ravelry library. No worries if you don’t use Ravelry you will also receive an email with a link to the PDF so you can download and print it. So let me know what your Ravelry name is.
The first day we will spend most of our time just picking our yarns. I will gather together lots of yarns that I think would work well for you to choose from!!
There might even be some new yarns from a new local dyer from Parry Sound!!
 
Happy Knitting
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. I love Kate Davies blog, but I feel most of her designs are a bit beyond me.....all that steeking!!
    Hope it won't be too long before I drop by.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete