Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hi Everyone

Just because I don’t have enough projects on the go, I thought I would start another one LOL!

So anyone that wants to join me in this just let me know.

We will start next week, March 3rd.  at 1 pm.  Sorry for the short notice.

 

Doodler by Stephen West.

 

This is an  amazing shawl that he did as a mystery knit along last fall, many many people did it and I am excited to work on it, it has several interesting technics that we will figure out as we go along. If you go to this link you can see his page about the pattern and then look at all the projects that people have done!!  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-doodler-westknits-mystery-shawl-kal-2015   There is also a link to a very funny Video he did to promote the mystery knit along, great entertainment  value  and a link to his group which has lots and lots of information and pictures of people’s shawls when they were in progress.

As always this is a knit along, not a class, so there is no charge to join us, I do ask you buy your yarn and pattern from me, could be yarn you already purchased in the past and never used!! You will need 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn, they don’t need to be the same make but you will want 3 with a good contrast. I am sure we will spend most of the first day trying to decide on yarn.

So if you are interested in joining me on this shawl, please send me an email to

classes@thepurplesock.ca  so I can add you to the list.

 

New colours of Sock Yarn

 

Also wanted to let you know we  recently got in an order From Red Sock Blue Sock yarn.com   which is a small indie dyer from here in Ontario.

This time I got in colours in her Comfort sock yarn.

This might make a good yarn to add to your Doodler!! or of course make a pair of socks!!
 
 

 

Happy Knitting

 

Lynn

The Purple Sock

13 Coldwater Rd.

Coldwater Ontario


705 686-3455

No comments:

Post a Comment